Sailfish OS per Nexus 4 aggiornato
Nella giornata di oggi è stato rilasciato il terzo aggiornamento della early adopters per Nexus 4. Ricordiamo che questa ROM non è ancora adatta ad un utilizzo giornaliero, ma permette a sviluppatori e curiosi di testare le potenzialità dell’OS. Di seguito il changelog (in inglese) e le modalità di installazione.
- Under Settings/About Product manufacturer and product name are now shown as LG and Nexus 4 (previously as UNKNOWN).
- No system-freezes anymore when accessing About Product or Developer mode settings
- Removed “development software” watermark
- Jolla Store is now available and functional. On the last version it was possible to install Jolla Store manually, but since recent store updates it wasn’t possible anymore to install applications. Licensed applications like Maps, Microsoft Exchange and Android support aren’t available. You might still find Android applications in the store, but naturally can’t use them.
- The system feels much smoother and more stable. WLAN and mobile network connection seem to be improved as well (also applies to Jolla phones updated to Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52)
- Haptic feedbacks now also on virtual keyboard (if I remember right that wasn’t the case with the last version)
- Phone audio volume can now be changed with volume button during call
- No issues anymore waking up device using standby/off/on button
- It is possible to check for new OS updates – not sure though if you can actually perform an update (possibly not)
What doesn’t work yet?
- No video playback (you can manually install codecs from OpenRepos.net to get a a rather stumbled video playback and sound)
- No possibility to activate “Allow untrusted software”
- Camera doesn’t work yet
- No Bluetooth connections possible
- No MTP (data transfer via USB cable)
- A few UI graphical mistakes (system and applications) due to higher screen resolution of Nexus 4
- Logically, not all applications run on Nexus 4
Release notes/Known issues in EA3
- EXPERIMENTAL: Jolla Store is now available, you’ll need to register with your Jolla Account
- NOTE: Booting Nexus 4 with SIM first, and then removing SIM (or vice versa) may cause Jolla Store to see it as two different devices and cause potential breakage. Please stick to either SIM available or not when running SailfishOS on Nexus 4.
– There may be a bug with oFono RIL support that makes it not report IMEI value causing this and will be sorted out in a later update.
- DISCLAIMER: Using Jolla Store with Jolla Account might break applications on your other devices, use it at your own risk!
- Android support is not available from the Store, even if you can see Android apps listed (those will be removed eventually from store view)
- This functionality means that image comes with only minimal set of pre-installed apps. Use Store to download the ones you need.
- The backlight is dark during first launch, but can be fix by switching the currently-not-working ambient light sensor off (uncheck Settings->System->Display->Adjust automatically)
- When display is blanked, power management sets WLAN to the lowest speed state
– Can be noticed in a SSH-over-WLAN session
- Chat notifications may arrive with a slight delay
Fixes after EA2
- Watermark removed
- Phone-call audio volume can now be changed with the help of volume buttons
- Improved responsiveness when waking phone up with the power button
- Settings->System->Developer Mode or About Product do not freeze anymore
- Reverted to the original (non-Silica) Fingerterm
Fixes after EA1
- Phone-calls with audio work
- Timers and alarms (with device powered on) work
- HTML5 video+audio works in Browser (tested splash on http://jolla.com )
- Update is based on SailfishOS version 184.108.40.206
Release notes/Known issues in EA2
- To securely power off the device, during its boot-up keep Volume Down pressed to enter bootloader mode. Using volume keys, select “Power off” option, then press the Power key
- If not auto-detected from SIM, set-up mobile internet data settings via Settings->System->Mobile network->(long tap on the first toggle-item under “Mobile data” section)->(enter settings given by your operator)
Nexus4-specific known issues reported by the adopters (in EA2)
- Chinese text input not working
- Localhost name is shown as Jolla
- Switching between the online and offline status in the status information setting takes very long and often doesn’t switch properly
- Google contacts which are put together with different information, are now split up into several contacts in Sailfish
- The battery display seems to be a bit buggy because it loses about 15% from one second to another
- The calendar overview when filled with events seems to be a bit laggy
- The email push is not working correctly, I do not receive any emails until I push the refresh button
- Splitting words in the German translation: e.g. in the open apps on the home screen it says: “Kurzzeitmesse” and in the next line the missing “r”
- NOTE: all other Sailfish OS issues have already been reported on TJC – http://together.jolla.com – and many of them were fixed in this 220.127.116.11 release
Release notes/Known Issues in EA1
- Developer mode is activated at all times
- There has been no throughout testing of telephony related functionality (roaming, airplane mode, etc) and any use of this functionality is at your own risk
- Sensors, Device lock, Reset device, Bluetooth, USB control + MTP, Bluetooth, WLAN hotspot, Camera (photography, video recording), and video playback is not supported in this release
- The image SW is not currently upgradeable, nor is any typically licensed multimedia codecs (MP3, etc), HERE maps, Android application compatibility layer, or word prediction for virtual keyboard preinstalled
- This image does not include any typically licensed multimedia codecs (MP3, etc), HERE maps, Android application compatibility layer, Microsoft Exchange support, or word prediction for virtual keyboard preinstalled
- It is not possible to double-tap to wake up the device
- Powering off device puts it into a state of deep slumber; possible to get out of by holding power button and volume down key with a bit of persistence
- Fingerterm keyboard is not at its best due to the portrait-only mode
- FPS drop while scrolling in homescreen due to non-batching when rendering of application icon grid
- Icons/graphics appear unproportionally small in browser toolbar, time select widget, and Settings favourite icons
- Multiboot/Multirom is not supported yet but we’re happy if you would like to teach/help us
We will all meet in #sailfishos-porters (note, new location) on irc.freenode.net and please use us (thp, alterego, Stskeeps, lbt, sledges) to work together, report any bugs, graphical glitches or missing functionality that you find, which are not included in the release notes above. You can also find the hardware adaptation source code at http://github.com/mer-hybris .
You are also welcome to participate in threads at http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/general about Nexus 4 and SailfishOS as well as for more general SailfishOS topics at http://forum.xda-developers.com/jolla-sailfish/general.
Prima di continuare
- Queste operazioni potrebbero invalidare la garanzia del vostro dispositivo.
- Guida non testata personalmente. Alcuni passaggi potrebbero differire.
- Installa adb e fastboot. Linux: apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot o yum install android-tools Mac OS X: installa Homebrew (http://brew.sh/), quindi brew install android-platform-tools Windows: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/
- Scarica e installa Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39).
- Scarica la CyanogenMod 10.1.3 per Nexus 4 (cm-10.1.3-mako.zip).
- Scarica l’immagine per Android di Sailfish OS (qui la versione con contenuti demo).
- Installa la CyanogenMod 10.1.3 sul tuo Nexus 4.
- Dopo aver flashato il file cm-10.1.3-mako.zip, flasha allo stesso modo SailfishOS.zip.
- Avvia la recovery.
- Scegli Wipe data / factory reset.
- Flasha il file cm-10.1.3-mako.zip.